Monday 28 July 2014

Tickle Me Pink

Today's post is dedicated to my three favourite pink lipsticks. As you'll soon notice I haven't mentioned any MAC lipsticks. I've decided to take a departure from my usual rave about MAC and chose to instead focus on some other great brands. I own a lot of different shades of pink, but the three that I'm writing about in this post are all quite vibrant and bright. I don't own a lot of nude lipstick and often replace the traditional nude with a lighter pink colour. I'll write about these shades of pink in an upcoming post, but for now let's focus on the brighter side of things (it is summer after all)...


I'll write about the lipsticks from left to right, according to the picture above (they are not placed in any particular order-- just what I could find first). 

Lipstick #1- Maybelline Colour Sensational Vivids in 'Shocking Coral'. I was obsessed with this line of lipsticks when it came out last summer. Every YouTube beauty guru that I follow seemed to jump on this new line and I was immediately hooked. I love that this particular shade has a slight tint of orange to it, which I find suits my skin tone. For a drug store lipstick it's actually quite long-lasting which is a fairly nice bonus. 

Lipstick #2- Clinique Chubby Stick Intense Moisturizing Lip Colour Balm in 'Plushest Punch'. This post also seems to be dedicated to lipsticks with VERY LONG names. This pink is much deeper than the last, and is more of a true pink (although in the photo it looks very red). Out of the three lipsticks I am featuring this one was the most expensive, and yet is the shortest lasting.  I would never wear this lipstick out to a meal or even drinks because it rubs off far too easily. That being said I still love this lipstick's colour and how easy it is to apply.  

Lipstick #3- Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain in 'Cherish'. I have to admit that I only tried this line because Emma Stone became the spokesmodel... While I do not think this product qualifies as a lipstick because of it's nature as a stain, it is still one of my favourite pinks. I love how long lasting this product is (duh it's a stain) and also its minty taste when it's first applied.  This is perhaps the pinkiest pink that I own and although I do not wear it day to day, I fall in love with it all over again when I do wear it.  





No comments:

Post a Comment