Tuesday 8 July 2014

Favourite MAC Lipsticks

I absolutely love MAC lipsticks. I have more lipsticks in my collection than I'd like to admit (waaay too many), but the MAC ones are for sure some of my favourites. I love MAC lipsticks because they look and feel like very high end products- but the price is NOT that of other designer lipsticks. While Chanel lipsticks can be $40 a pop, the MAC lipsticks range from $16-$22.

MAC lipsticks come in a variety of finishes such as Frost, Cremesheen, Matte, Amplified, and Lustre.  I have tried most (but not all) of the finishes and personally prefer the creamier finishes.  I find that Matte lipsticks are too chalky and drag as you apply them, and I prefer the look of a lipstick that has a hint of shine to it.

I have selected my top 3 favourite MAC lipsticks to feature in this post, two of which are Cremesheen and one of which is a Lustre.  The three lipsticks that I have chosen are the shades that I find myself reaching for daily; I love them because they are easy to apply and can be paired with any and all eye makeup.

From left to right: Speed Dial (Cremesheen), Viva Glam V (Lustre), Sunny Seoul (Cremesheen)

Sunny Seoul is a my favourite summer lipstick.  This subtle (yet beautiful) peachy pink lipstick applies very easily and appears slightly shiny on my lips, making it appropriate for day and night wear.  

Speed Dial was given to me as a gift (from a fellow blonde), and matches my skin tone perfectly.  This lipstick is slightly darker than Sunny Seoul, and is a truer pink tone. 

Viva Glam V appears sparkly in the tube, but does not apply rough in any way. It is my favourite day-to-night transition lipstick and is easily my most-used MAC product. 




No comments:

Post a Comment